We’re looking for new sidebar advertisers for the WeddingLovely Blog! We have several slots open, so if you’re interested, please email [email protected] for our media kit (snippet above) and mention the coupon “JULYADSALE” and we’ll extend a 20% discount on all our sponsored post and advertising rates!
To our American readers — hope you had a lovely holiday weekend!
We’ve updated our most popular post, Top Five Wedding Website Builders, today with information to match 2015. Most of our recommendations have stayed the same (congrats to those companies for maintaining an awesome product!) and added a few more to the list. Check it out if you haven’t already!
We love our near-5,000 wedding vendor partners! The other day, we realized that quite a number of you would be looking for employees — sales, interns, partners, you name it.
We’ve just launched our WeddingLovely Wedding Industry Jobs Board so we can aggregate all of our job listings in one place, making it easier for applicants to find awesome wedding jobs in their area! Right now we’re using the Simply Hired company to run the board, but if interest is high enough, we’ll move to a custom solution.
Are you hiring for your company? Use launchday to get 50% off your listing on our job board, valid until July 22nd!
Photo credit: Meg Courtney Photography
We’re bringing out the bubbly and celebrating yet another fabulous year for WeddingLovely! Can you believe we’re now working with almost 4,000 wedding vendors worldwide and that our blog is getting 40,000 views per month? Pretty exciting!
We’ve also increased our blog readership and social media following — and as a result we have raised our prices to advertise with us in 2015. Wishing you had snuck in earlier? We’re offering a 30 day grace period where we’ll honor our 2014 prices for ads and sponsored posts. :) Continue reading
The wedding industry, as I’m sure everyone knows, runs off of advertising. The vast majority of vendor directories are pay-for-play, meaning that they only list vendors who can pay their rates.
Here at WeddingLovely, admittedly we started out with that model — but I’ve never felt comfortable with it. That’s one of the reasons why we will always have free profiles on our directories, because why advertise yourself as having the best vendors when you exclude those that can’t pay?
We’re taking another giant step forward to our goal of being the most reputable and comprehensive wedding vendor directory in the world. Our former “upgraded” accounts are going away, replaced with our new Certified Lovely Vendors™ program.
Each and every vendor accepted into this program will be personally reviewed and reference-checked by one of WeddingLovely’s staff, and will be subject to quality standards.
- Your company is reviewed personally by WeddingLovely staff.
- Certified Lovely Vendor badge after approval.
- Top placement in our search results.
- Add up to 10 additional photos to your business profile.
- Profile analytics — see how many views your search result and profile page get.
- Placement on the WeddingLovely and WeddingLovely Vendor Guide homepages (rotated with other certified accounts)
- Yearly interview and every-other-month wedding features on the WeddingLovely Blog (currently 40,000 views/month)
- Dedicated promotion the day of blog features on our social media accounts — up to seven dedicated days per year. 24,000 followers on Pinterest, 6,000 followers on Twitter, and 3,000 likes on Facebook.
See our full media kit here.
There is a $190/year fee to become a Certified Lovely Vendor, to cover the time spent by our staff reviewing vendor applications. Denied applications will have their fee refunded. We find this price to be fair and worthwhile, but if there are any amazing vendors who need some extra help, we’ll be rolling out an assistance program soon that will reduce or waive this fee.
Interested in becoming a Certified Lovely Vendor? Sign up for a vendor profile here if you’re not already a vendor in our network, and if you’re already with us, log into your account to apply.
WeddingLovely’s properties all have had some sort of facelift recently and it was beyond time to finally redesign the blog!
Cleaner, crisper, responsive (so you can look at the site on your phone!), faster, and prettier — we’re pretty proud of what’s up so far. We’re still adding some small touches and fixing a few small bugs and design issues as they pop up, so if you see if anything you think we should improve, don’t hesitate to reach out or leave a note in the comments with what you think!
Now on all WeddingLovely vendor profiles, you can leave full reviews complete with star ratings!
WeddingLovely used to have a simple comment form, but we were plagued by spam — sometimes over 100 spam reviews a day were added from bots. We’ve worked hard to build a solution that is both easy to use as well as useful to both couples and wedding vendors.
Newly wedding couples can leave star ratings about their experience, as well as a public review (shown on the vendor’s profile page), a private review that is shown only to the vendor through their dashboard, as well as a private-to-WeddingLovely review that only we will see.
We’re dedicated to honest, real reviews, and we’re excited about bringing this crucial piece of information to all vendor profiles!
Married and want to leave a review for your vendors?
Login or create a WeddingLovely profile here to start adding reviews!
We’ve also added an email feature for vendors to request reviews from former clients —
click here to login and request reviews for your vendor profile with WeddingLovely!
What do you think? Would love your thoughts on this big feature release!
We love our online wedding planning guide — launched awhile ago, we help couples walk through their wedding planning online and connect them with some of our most awesome vendors that we work with through our wedding vendor guide.
Up until now, it was a paid product with a free trial, but we have decided that it was time to work with as many wonderful couples as possible — so we’ve made our planning guide 100% free.
The planning guide comes with a ton of amazing features, including:
- Walk through the biggest steps in planning your wedding, like finding a venue.
- Local venue and vendor recommendations included in your task pages.
- Vendor favoriting and reviewing all integrated.
- Note-taking — keep track of all the little things you need to remember.
- Printable checklist so you can keep track of everything you need to do at once.
- Partner and planner integration — invite others to help plan with you.
- One-on-one wedding advice — ping WeddingLovely with specific questions and we’ll help you out.
- Email reminders to ping you every few weeks with inspiration and ideas.
- Pinterest board integration — keep your inspiration in mind as you plan your wedding.
- Partnership with Appy Couple — get an Appy account for just $35 through WeddingLovely.
Think that’s pretty awesome? Now it doesn’t cost a cent.
Plan your wedding with WeddingLovely today!
Nearly two years ago, WeddingLovely launched our online planning guide, designed to walk couples through the process of their wedding. Now, we’re pleased to announce the 2.0 release of the planning guide — completely rewritten and redesigned — as well as a partnership with the best wedding website and wedding app company, Appy Couple.
We originally launched with native hosted wedding websites, but wedding planning and wedding vendors has always been our main focus. We’re sunsetting the wedding website feature for all new WeddingLovely customers, and instead offering a payment option which includes a free Appy Couple wedding app account.
As a result, WeddingLovely’s prices are dropping to either a $35 one-time payment for the wedding planning app, or $70 for the combined WeddingLovely + Appy Couple account.
In addition to the design, WeddingLovely’s planning guide has added several new features:
- Better wedding vendor integration: WeddingLovely works with over 3,100+ wedding vendors worldwide, and couples can browse nearby vendors, favorite, and contact vendors directly from their planning guide.
- Partner, family, and wedding party collaboration: Users can invite their partner, planner, and others to plan with them on the same account.
- Pinterest boards integration: Couples can add their Pinterest boards directly into their planning pages as a widget, integrating their inspiration into their planning.
- Gender-neutral language: The “bride” is no longer the primary planner in the modern day couple — WeddingLovely welcomes same-sex couples and planning grooms.
- No advertisements, anywhere: WeddingLovely is a paid product so all advice and recommendations can be advertisement-free.
Getting married? We’d love to have you try out WeddingLovely’s planning guide — all accounts come with a 14-day free trial, no credit card required!
Click here to try a wedding planning account today.
So excited to finally launch this! Any questions or comments? Leave them below!
I’ve known some of the people behind Exposure.so for awhile now — perhaps you’ve seen some of their beautiful photo narratives that their product helps you create. Their product is particularly spectacular for wedding vendors showcasing weddings which feature their work.
For example, check out this amazing wedding shoot. But you can also use it for floral work, cakes, stationery, or other narratives as well!
I’ve managed to negotiate a discount for WeddingLovely vendors and engaged couples who’d like to use Exposure. Try Exposure for free for three posts, and if you’d like to upgrade to a paid plan, click here for 10% off a year plan (valid only for the first year, plans start at $49/year.)
Additionally, vendors on an upgraded WeddingLovely account can get an additional 5% off (so, 15% off) — send me an email for the link for the additional discount!
Not a WeddingLovely vendor yet? Basic accounts are free, and upgraded accounts are $270/year. Check out all the details here!
Hope you enjoy!
Note: this discount for Exposure was negotiated by yours truly, and was not sponsored by Exposure. :)