Updated: October 2017
The structure of weddings have really stayed the same for decades now, but one of the biggest changes to come along with the internet (woohoo!) was the ability to build a website for your wedding! Wedding websites (also known as wedsites) are great for collecting all the information that you can’t fit in your wedding invitations: registry information, hotels, directions, information about the couple, and now many wedding website builders support RSVPs online — no need to track down everyone’s RSVP by mail.
While you can choose to build your own wedding website from scratch (check out this gorgeous example), generally it’s easy to use a pre-built solution so you can get your wedding website up and running in about a day. Here are our top 5 wedding website generator recommendations, as well as a list of all the ones we’ve considered at the end. Did we miss any? Let us know at [email protected]!
Top five fav sites for creating a website for your wedding:
AppyCouple ($39 – $89 one-time payment)
A really interesting alternative to having a wedding website is having a wedding app! Since most people use smart phones these days, AppyCouple helps you build a custom wedding app with all the information that you would need on your wedding website (and creates web versions as well, of course). Another plus — tons of great looking themes!
A brand new wedding website builder just launched! We really like Joy‘s feature list — beyond the fact that it’s free (yay!), Joy comes with a ton of features like an app, RSVPs, photo support, and more.
Riley & Grey ($35/month or $240/year)
Riley & Grey is a gorgeous premium option for luxury weddings. While the most expensive option on this list, Riley & Grey has the most modern and glamorous wedding website templates and come with premium features included, like a custom domain and RSVP support.
Wedding Woo ($49/year or $69/two years)
WeddingWoo is a new addition to our list, after enthusiastic support in our comments (thanks commenters!) While the templates aren’t the most modern that we’ve found, there are plenty of beautiful options with a lot of great features, like Instagram hashtag and RSVP support. WeddingWoo also has one of the most comprehensive customization ability we’ve seen, which is great for making sure your wedding website looking completely unique for your wedding.
Wedding Window (Free – $14.95/mo – $79/yr)
The newest addition to our list, Wedding Window has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. We love the modern looking templates that are responsive (meaning it works on computers as well as on your mobile phones — a must for your guests!) Wedding Window also has very unique and original site designs.
Bonus: Cordially ($49 – $79, one-time payment)
Cordially.co is a fresh new player on the market. It offers one-of-a-kind wedding websites for those who are a little bored of ubiquitous layouts. From minimal to funky web designs it makes collecting RSVPs super efficient and personal. Cordially has just launched and it changes every day, but we already see its potential to impress your guests.
Other wedding website options
There are quite a number of other wedding website generators to choose from other than the above. Other choices:
- Say I do (Free) — This site includes a lot more features than just a wedding website, with a focus on guest list management and RSVPs.
- Bliss & Bone ($12/month, 7 day trial) — Gorgeous looking modern templates with RSVP support.
- Wix (Free) — A full website builder who has added a wedding option — free and seems to be easy to use. Flash options as well.
- Nearlyweds ($14.99/mo or $99/yr) — Full featured with a lot of design options, though the designs are a little stale.
- Wedsite ($39/6mo, $49/yr, $69/2yrs, 7 day trial) — No ads, fairly nice designs, with unlimited photos as well as a music playlist option.
- The RSVP Company ($199-399 one-time fee) — New kid on the block, expensive for the amount of features included.
- Squarespace ($12/month) — Squarespace has great tools to customize your website but no free option and lacking some wedding features that sites, dedicated to only weddings, would have.
- WeddingDonkey (Free, $10/mo, $15/mo)
- ZankYou (Free)
- WedBuddy ($13/month or $75/year)
- The Knot (Free)
- MyWedding (Free)
- Minted (Free) (P.S Check out this blog WeddingLovely wrote on why Minted wedding websites are so awesome!)
- WeddingJoJo (Free – $14.99/mo)
- eWedding (Free – $7/mo)
- JustRSVP.me (Free – $49.99)
Want more info and help? Check out this blog post on the best wedding website tips, hacks, and shortcuts!
Are we missing any awesome options? Have you used any of these and have a review? We’d love to hear it and add your thoughts to the post!
Note: Some links are affiliate links, meaning WeddingLovely earns revenue for the links. This had no basis in our top five site decisions — affiliates were only added after our favorites were determined. The revenue from the affiliate links helps support WeddingLovely and keeps this blog running. Thanks for your support!