Today’s lovely post comes to us from Danielle, writer for relationship blogs such as The Eternity Rose. Danielle runs a successful at home business and in her spare time she enjoys horse riding! Enjoy:
Your wedding will no doubt be one of the most (if not, the most) special event of your life. A lot of blood, sweat and tears, however, go into making sure the day goes off without a hitch. As such, your bridesmaids are the people you hold dear, the chosen ones tasked to monitor the finer details and combat the pressure. They stand beside you throughout the entire journey. That’s why it’s important to show your appreciation for them. Here are a few tidbits of advice for when it comes time to buying your bridesmaids a gift:
See more after the cut!
Don’t rush the process
If you’re going to start looking for gifts while also planning for your wedding, it might be too difficult to give yourself a deadline. You’ll be dealing with your excitement, and the last thing your bridesmaids want to happen is to put more pressure on you. So, the first thing to consider when buying a gift for your girls is to take your time. Your wedding is about you and your partner’s love. Buying your bridesmaids a gift should not mar that.
There are several things you can do to make sure you don’t forget to show them your appreciation as you focus your attention on your big day. These are:
- Keep a look out for deals. If you have a pretty good idea of what to get them, some stores might be selling it for a price that won’t hurt your pockets.
- Value the conversation you have with them. There’s a good chance that the thing they need the most could slip into casual conversation. After that, it’s up to you to decide if that’s something you can give.
- Take your time. The best gifts come from someone who gave it some thought, and your girls deserve nothing but the best for helping to make your wedding special.
Rely on your memories and bond
Your bridesmaids are the people who have stuck with you through thick or thin. These are the friends and relatives you run to when you need a shoulder to cry on or when you need someone to tell you if you look great in a dress. Your bond with them has been tested and forged through the years. In the time you’ve spent with them, you’re bound to know what they like the most or what they might prefer to receive as a gift. More than anything, your memory bank will tell you what the right gifts for your ladies are.
Timing is everything
Giving gifts to your bridesmaids should be memorable and intimate. To get your feelings across, considering the best time is essential. However, this can prove to be difficult, especially if you’re busy making decisions for your wedding day or you would like to focus on your relationship. Thus, here are a few things to help you decide on when to give your girls your heartfelt gift:
- It’s not a requirement to give them their gifts during your big day. It’s okay if you would like to give the gift once you’ve returned from your honeymoon.
- If you’d like to give it on your wedding day, then you can choose to make an announcement during the reception and deliver a surprise speech once all the embarrassing stories are out. You can also pull them aside for a few minutes and tell them your thoughts in a private setting.
- Remember that you decide when the right moment is. Since you want to show your bridesmaids how thankful you are for having them in your life, anytime is the right time.
Make it thoughtful and memorable
If the thank you gift is meant to express the joy you feel when you’re with them, then you would want it to be something that won’t be forgotten. Choosing something memorable can be a daunting task, especially if you’re overwhelmed by the decisions you have to make, or still on cloud nine after your big day. Don’t worry. The only thing you have to remember is to give a gift that won’t find its way in the attic, or in the back of a closet.
It can come in the form of a picture frame holding a physical copy of a moment that represents your bond. Or it can be jewelry as long as it’s something they can use years from now. You can find memorable and beautiful gifts from many online stores such as this one, right here.
Through breakups and new boyfriends, your girls have been there to support you. When you couldn’t decide which dress to choose or what caterer to provide for your wedding, you valued their input. Your bridesmaids are important people in your life, and more than anything, they are irreplaceable. Buying them a thank you gift is the best thing you can do to show your appreciation. Give it some careful thought and a dash of love.
All photos sourced from Shutterstock.
WeddingLovely and The Eternity Rose teamed up to share with brides this partnered list of things to consider when gifting your ladies!