Photo credit: Flickr
Has this week been a whirlwind or what? My husband received not-so-lovely news early last week that sent us packing to hit the road as quickly as possible for a long eight hour drive back to his home state. Thankfully, I managed to keep things under wraps with WeddingLovely while I was away (phew!) but am oh so happy to finally be back home. It’s safe to say that I’ll be doing absolutely nothing but catching up on some Zzz and unwinding this weekend. ;)
What’s been happening?
Interviews / features / real weddings
- Find out why Monday’s featured vendor did away with wedding planning and focused on coordination.
- Thinking of an elegant coral invitation design with a touch of gold foil? Heritage and Joy is your go-to stationer!
- Who else wants to see bridesmaids bums left behind? Get to know one half of the dynamic duo that is Bespoke Bride.
- Miss Wednesday’s elegant DIY wedding set in an aspen forest? Catch the repost!
- Thursday’s photography duo said don’t even think about shooting weddings without back up equipment and insurance! See the full interview.
- Kristen Ley of Something New for I Do says it’s time for mason jars to bite the dust. Find out what other trends this regular contributor to Huffington Post Weddings is ready to see left behind.
- Check out today’s classically elegant wedding by Linczak Photography.
- We’ve been enjoying reading your submissions so much that we’ve decided run a monthly highlights post showcasing the best of the best.
- See what tip Marie Kubin, Founder & CEO of Rent My Wedding had to share for #WeddingWednesday! Want to participate? Submit your tips to [email protected] along with a headshot / photo of yourself and list of social media profiles you want us to tag you in!
- You may have noticed a new regular feature on the blog lately. Yeah, we like to keep things fresh ;)
- Yay, we’ve reached 200+ followers on Instagram. Follow us for more lovely pictures!
- It’s Tracy (our founder) 30th birthday week! Happy birthday to her!
- Wedding planner dishes on 10 things a bride should never do. Totally agree with the points about gift grabbing and registering for gifts!
- Who needs the relationships aisle of a book store when you can get 19 solid pieces of marriage advice from wedding bloggers?
- New wedding dress app uses ‘augmented reality technology’ for virtual try-ons. What planning apps do you use?
- Wow, check out this couple’s stunning viral wedding photographs on top of an Alaskan glacier! What a way to incorporate something blue ;)
Have a lovely weekend,
Jani and the WeddingLovely team
Want to share an interesting finding with us for next Friday’s roundup? Or maybe you’re interested in being featured. Email [email protected] for more info!
Lovely. Simple. Free.
With an online planning app and fast growing vendor network, the WeddingLovely community is a supportive hub for engaged couples and boutique wedding vendors. Join our vendor directories for free and follow us Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for the latest WeddingLovely updates!