Hey all! I’ve been running my butt off around the National Stationery Show and I ran into a few WeddingInviteLove vendors yesterday!
Wild Ink Press
I know there are a bunch out there on the floor and it’s my goal to find everyone and document their beautiful booths! Another update will come tomorrow. :D
I attended the first day of the National Stationery Show yesterday and it was completely absolutely overwhelming.
One of my main goals is to find new, awesome vendors for WeddingInviteLove, and I’m bribing with gift bags with rose & pepper thumbprints acquired from Whimsy & Spice in Brooklyn:
I regretted today putting the cards IN the bags because they got all cookie-crumb-y! Otherwise they were a great hit, and I have another 20 to pass out today.
I spent the majority of the day yesterday getting my bearings and meeting new people, but I did manage to document a few awesome booths. I literally kept doing double-takes at Linda & Harriett, until I finally took some pictures:
Aren’t these calendars just gorgeous? You don’t need fancy images or professional type, just great calligraphy and paint.
I also found one of my favorite vendors ever, Dingbat Press (who also runs a really great blog):
Dingbat Press’s press kit was also my favorite out of all the press kits I looked through — the most personality with such great design.
Off to find more vendors! Follow me on Twitter as well for on-the-floor updates and images.
Wow, remind me never to book a red-eye, connecting flight ever again. Two 3 hour flights in the middle of the night means I’m running on about 2 hours sleep right now (if I’m optimistic about it).
That said, yay, I’m in New York City right now! Right now I’m hanging at one of my favorite places in Brooklyn, Studiomates — a coworking space with a ton of great people, run by the wonderful Tina from Swiss Miss (photo above is the view from the office!).
The National Stationery Show is right around the corner, here are a few awesome things that are (mostly) related to it:
- Paper Crave’s recommended exhibitor list — really great for me since I’m going to be wandering around completely overwhelmed!
- There is a recipe card scavenger hunt which I may try to get in the first day (so I can ensure I get all of them), and then add them to my giveaway later this month!
- I just realized there are daily demos at the show, which I am totally attending.
- I will be walking around with 40 gift bags of cookies from Whimsy & Spice to giveaway (hopefully to vendors who I want to sign up to WeddingInviteLove — yes, I am resorting to bribery!). Find me if you want a gift bag. ;)
- I am mostly free tomorrow, Friday the 12th. Are you a stationer in Brooklyn or Manhattan and want to grab some drinks/food? Perhaps have a dedicated post on the blog? Ping me ([email protected]) asap!
Happy Thursday everyone… time for me to take a nap!