Wondering why this beautiful bride is covered in paint? Well, it’s a style of wedding photography commonly referred to as “trash the dress” that’s gained momentum in recent years. I’ll have to admit that the concept of “trashing” my dress never really appealed to me… but after reading bride-to-be Shelby Swink’s story and seeing the fun photo session by Elizabeth Hoard Photography that went viral this week, I do see a situation or two where destroying my dress could be, well, therapeutic! Thoughts? (share them in the comments below)
Check out this week’s fearless features:
Interviews / features / real weddings
- Still so in love with the bright & colorful tablescape shared with us by Ashley of Simply Elegant Events during her interview with us earlier this week! Get to know her & her work.
- You’ll also love this intimate island wedding snapped up by Suzanne Rothmeyer Photography… not to mention their adorable furry guest!
- See what tip Ashley of Simply Elegant Events had to share for #WeddingWednesday! Want to participate? Submit your tip to [email protected] along with a photo that illustrates it and list of social media profiles you want us to tag you in.
- Got your dress from David’s Bridal? Well 2ChicNails has the nail polish to match! Even get custom labels for your bridesmaids!
- Um how cute were yesterday’s couple? Miss it? Check out the full endearing bridal shoot by Alyssa Ence Photography.
- What better way to start off 2015 than by becoming a Certified Lovely Vendor! The WeddingLovely team is personally reviewing vendors for quality and promoting the best. Check out our media kit for more information. Interested? Apply for certification from your vendor dashboard.
- What would you do if your spouse ditched you just five days before the wedding? Have a pity party? Nope, not this Tennessee bride! Thanks Huffington Post for sharing this badass trash the dress shoot by Elizabeth Hoard Photography.
- You gotta love those viral videos of super adorable kids at weddings. Well, so does the The Ellen Degeneres Show. Guess that’s one way to pass time!
- Good news for Florida’s same sex couples as The Sunshine State officially lifts the ban on gay marriage, ABC News reports.
Have a lovely weekend,
Jani and the WeddingLovely team
Want to advertise with us? Visit our media kit for advertising opportunities on our blog, which start at $15 per month. All ads have a minimum time period of 3 months. We also have a separate sponsored post package. Email [email protected]ddinglovely.com for more info!
Lovely. Simple. Free.
With an online planning app and fast growing vendor network, the WeddingLovely community is a supportive hub for engaged couples and boutique wedding vendors. Join our vendor directories for free and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for the latest WeddingLovely updates!