Today’s interview is with WeddingPlannerLove’s Purple Meadows Events. Debra was gracious enough to share photos from a beautiful Miami wedding along with some insight to her business. Thanks Debra!
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your company.
Purple Meadows Events & Design is a full service event planning boutique that specializes in destination weddings and events.Our focus is to help busy couples who need help in planning their magical experience in eco-fabulous locations such as California, Hawaii and Costa Rica.
Learn more about Purple Meadows Events after the jump…
2. How did you get into wedding planning?
I’ve been planning events for many years and decided to add weddings to my services because I love helping people!
3. What’s your favorite part of the job?
Playing with different color hues. I really get excited when it’s time to deal with colors — it’s an obsession of mine!
4. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned, and would pass along to other new wedding planners just getting started?
Don’t try to do everything yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
5. What are your hobbies or non-work-related activities?
I love to travel to non-touristy places
6. Any great stories from working with a client?
One of my brides told me this story about her bridesmaids and how they wanted to make me a bracelet that said “WWDD” what would Debra Do! That’s because whenever she needed guidance or advice, she would text or contact me first and tell her bridesmaids but this is what my planner would do! It was a fun joke and definitely a level of trust she had.
7. What is your current favorite color combination?
I love the fresh, natural combinations of khaki, white, cream
8. Are there any trends that you absolutely love or would love to see brides leave behind?
I adore vignettes and lounges. It just adds a comfortable, sophisticated vibe to the atmosphere. I would like to see brides not be afraid to take out some traditional elements and add a little of their own. You don’t have to incorporate the bouquet toss, garter toss and money dance if you don’t want to.
Photos by Jill Augusto Photography