Can you believe it’s almost the end of summer? For me, the transition is always my birthday (coming up in 1.5 weeks). Funny how when you’re younger, you can’t wait for a birthday, but now, another birthday is another year gone and summer over. BUT it’s also another year to come, autumn tea and soup, and playing in the snow. So I better perk up already!
My tomato harvest TWO years ago. This year, all of my blossoms died in the hot temperature. It’s been the saddest tomato summer ever.
The week’s roundup of news and fun things:
- It’s only proper that we reward people who love WeddingLovely and pass it around. Check out our referral program and sign up!
- Our jewelry giveaway from Anjolee is still going on — enter today to win a silver/cz piece worth ~$150!
- Check out this walkthrough of a lovely church and wedding venue in Portland.
- Julia, one of the ladies of WeddingLovely, is getting married! She wrote down her thoughts on starting planning, give her some advice here.
- Our stationer interview with Dogwood Blossom Stationery!
- So sad — Quebec bride dies during a “trash the dress” shoot.
- Check out this neat infographic on gay marriage in the US and worldwide.
- This week’s invitation feature was these lovely linen flower invitations.
- Our photographer interview was with Love Above Photography.
- Love this infographic all about wedding invitations!
- Don’t forget your thank you cards — this post goes over some great tips and etiquette for thanking your wedding guests.
- Julia wrote a great post about staying involved in the tech community as a woman for Women 2.0.
- Loving Puddle Jumpin’ Card’s new website!
- Chewing the Cud is doing a free download of their watercolor “Hello” card!
- Our wedding videographer interview was with True Northwest Productions.
- Great post on Offbeat Bride on how to deal with the pressure to lose weight for your wedding day.
- Dream of getting married in Hawaii? Check out these offbeat venues.
- Our design roundup featured these lovely invitations featuring unique typefaces!
- Our planner interview went international — all the way to Italy!
I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend — we’ll be back on Tuesday!