Photo credit: Flickr
Some may find the concept of having to cook your own food at a restaurant slightly ridiculous. Defeats the purpose of dining out, right? After all — you are paying to have the chef cook for you. Well, this week I decided to give the idea the benefit of the doubt and bought a Groupon for a local Japanese yakiniku restaurant.
Yakiniku translates to grilled meat and is similar to a Western BBQ. The only difference is that you’re in a restaurant with a large grilling pit in the middle of your table. You’re given bite-size pieces of meat and vegetables, prepared by the chefs — only you’re the one cooking it over real burning flames! You’re pretty much paying for the experience, and honestly, it was kind of fun. :)
So! Let’s grill on to this week’s roundups:
Interviews / features / real weddings
- Want to be coordinated to perfection on your big day? This mother of two decided she wanted to become a wedding planner while sitting at her desk working for a small Wall Street financial firm.
- Did someone say 40% off all thank you cards? Yes please! Head on over to Smitten On Paper’s website and enter the promo code OHTHANKS40 to get your discount. But hurry, you’ve only got until October 1st.
- Tuesday’s Love Has Blossomed invitation is an interpretation of a classic motif — cherry blossoms! See the romantic vintage design.
- This real engagement shoot by Farnaz K Studio is so quintessentially New York. We just love it and hope you do too.
- Before we say goodbye to summer, let’s enjoy one more beach wedding!
- See what tip Meghan Shaughnessy of MLShaughnessy Designs had to share for #WeddingWednesday!
- Miss Thursday’s lovely equestrian themed real wedding? Catch the repost.
- Love birdcages but hate Toms at weddings? Then you’ll enjoy our interview with Maya Savanovich, regular contributor of Wed Me Pretty!
- You know you’re a photographer when you’re willing to get muddy and lose your shoes on the job! Catch the full interview with Sandra von Riekhoff of Divine Day Photography.
- We’re excited to announce that you can now leave full reviews complete with star ratings on all WeddingLovely vendor profiles!
- WeddingLovely + Uber = Love! New customers, get a free ride on us.
- We’re looking for more content for the WeddingLovely blog! Florists, bakers, caterers, venue owners, calligraphers, planners, photographers, officiants, DJs, musicians, stationers, videographers… we want you! Email [email protected] for more info.
- We just can’t decide which of these stunning silhouettes is our favorite! Can you?
- Got a sneaky suspicion that your love is about to pop the question? Be prepared with these 10 pointers.
- Bridesmaids, listen up! Here’s 5 things a bridesmaid should never do.
- We love (and can totally relate) to this hysterical list of 10 things to never say to a newlywed! What are you tired of hearing?
- Seasoned wedding planners dish out all the little (and not so little) things that annoy them. What irks you the most?
Have a lovely weekend,
Jani and the WeddingLovely team
Want to advertise with us? Visit our media kit for advertising opportunities on our blog, which start at $15 per month. All ads have a minimum time period of 3 months. We also have a separate sponsored post package. Email [email protected] for more info!
Lovely. Simple. Free.
With an online planning app and fast growing vendor network, the WeddingLovely community is a supportive hub for engaged couples and boutique wedding vendors. Join our vendor directories for free and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter for the latest WeddingLovely updates!