It’s been one of those crazy weeks where both amazing and annoying things happen. So happy it’s Friday! I’m trying out beef wellington tonight at dinner (check out this amazing video that inspired me) and then being really nerdy this weekend and playing Skyrim. Or working. We’ll see!
Links and news from the week:
Newest vendors on WeddingInviteLove:
Newest vendors on WeddingPlannerLove:
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Today’s real wedding of Kristen & Michael makes me feel in love with love. The images from this happy couple’s wedding embody everything a wedding is about: friends, family, and a couple’s happiness and love. Photographer Larry Spencer writes:
Michael and Kristen were all about colors, details and fun. From their Tiffany wedding gifts, their special “Hello Kitty” champagne and Michael’s custom Converse All Stars, they put their own personal touches on their wedding day.
Creating a personalized monogram for the lucky couple is a great way to personalize invitations and to carry a unique touch throughout an entire invitation suite. The personalization doesn’t have to stop at invitations; monograms can be used on napkins, escort cards, even cake toppers! This week, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite monogrammed invitations from our WeddingInviteLove vendors to inspire your own personalization…
a deux: bespoke bridal paper
Cameleon Design Studio
Chocolate Paper Boutique
Invitation Creations, LLC.
Puddle Jumpin’ Cards
Design the Date
WeddingPhotoLove.com is oh so close to launching! I’m contacting special photographers for their details today to build a profile for them and hopefully launch by next Monday. Do you want a free profile? Sign up on WeddingPhotoLove.com and I’ll email you today for your details!
EDIT: Oh, and feel free to email me directly at [email protected] to recommend someone!
I love my job. I seriously love it. I started this as a small project and it’s turned into the best job ever. However, with the bigger the directories grow, the busier I get. I’ve haven’t been able to focus as much on the community features of WeddingLovely and WeddingLovely’s directories, which has been a tragedy. Interacting with vendors and bringing on new vendors into the community is so important, so I’m hiring a community manager and evangelist to help me out!
- You’re friendly, likable, and an all-around awesome person.
- Keep track and post to the WeddingLovely social media accounts (so far, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest), and interact with vendors and customers.
- Help review and approve vendors for the directories.
- Reaching out via email (nicely, not sales-y) and social media to vendors to join.
- Help coordinate posts with me on the blog. If you’d like to write full posts yourself, that’s awesome, but it isn’t necessary! A lot of the blog is coordinating posts with vendors, figuring out who’ll be the featured vendor for the week/month, and promoting existing vendors on the directories.
- Help plan and run local meetups and WeddingLovely parties.
- Figure out how to make WeddingLovely and our directories even more awesome.
- Coordinate advertisers for the blog.
- Work wherever/whenever you like!
- Design skills isn’t necessary but let me know if you have any experience.
- Bonus points if you worked in the wedding industry or have extra experience there.
- Hours: Part-time (20hrs/wk) or full-time, if that’s what the right person wants!
- Pay will based on experience and will also receive milestone bonuses. More details privately.
These all sound rather clinical — essentially it all boils down to growing and interacting with the community! It’s been important to me to be human and friendly with everyone that I’ve worked with so far, and I’d love it if anyone who worked with me has those same values.
Interested? Questions? Email me at [email protected]!
Update #1: Non-local and remote applicants are totally okay!
Update #2: Send along your resume and why you’re interested in the position in the email. :)
Just an FYI to anyone who is linking to the WeddingLovely Blog that our URL has moved! We used to be http://weddinglovely.com/blog and now we’re http://weddinglovely.com/blog. Update your links! Links to the blog. address will continue to work but it’ll redirect, so it’s a lot better if it’s correct. :)
Quick story about why it’s changed and a bit about the disasterous process I went through this weekend:
- I moved from blog. to /blog due to SEO reasons. Even though Google has gotten a lot better, there is still a chance that weddinglovely.com/blog would be considered a whole different site than weddinglovely.com, and therefore any SEO that the blog accrues would not apply to weddinglovely.com. That’s why I moved it over, and FYI to any other blog owners out there!
- However, I would not recommend the disaster I went through this weekend while moving it. I created a new directory on my server and was copying my files over, then went downstairs to make some dinner, and somehow my cat managed to shut down my computer in the middle of it, disrupting the process. Stupid cat.
- I manually started figuring out which files transferred and which didn’t, which also included all the images uploaded to the blog. I decided it would be better for the images to start from scratch, and set the directory to delete… deleting the wrong directory. Instead of deleting the new directory, I started deleting the existing directory of images and didn’t notice until halfway through (and you should have heard my reaction when I noticed…)
- I ended up losing two full months of images and was considering that I’d probably have to rebuild those images for those posts from scratch, but the lovely Diane from Faye & Co. reminded me that website hosts usually do backups, and lo and behold, Dreamhost had a button so I could pull a backup from a week ago and retrieve all the deleted images. Phew.
So I spent about all Saturday having a heart attack. How was your weekend?
I love the beautiful letterpress by Fiore Press — such deep beautiful impressions! Fiore has a great sense of balance between modern and traditional, and they’re our featured invitation vendor for the week on WeddingInviteLove.
Also featured on WeddingPlannerLove for the month of October is Twist, an event design and planning company in Lafayette, California.
Congratulations to both!
Happy Friday… and happy November! The arrival of November makes me want to jump in piles of crunchy leaves, go to corn mazes, and drink hot cider. It’s hard, though, to believe that 2011 is almost over and that the holidays are almost upon us!
Lots of great goings-on here at WeddingLovely this week:
This weeks lovely new WeddingInviteLove vendors include:
Have a wonderful weekend!
Photo by muffinman71xx via Flickr
I released the WeddingInviteLove lookbook through Issuu earlier, and there was an option to buy though a saddlestitched print version through Magcloud. However, the quality of the saddlestitched version wasn’t as high quality that I would have liked, and that’s just not acceptable.
Check out the new print WeddingInviteLove Fall 2011 Lookbook — perfect bound with a heavier cover weight, plus a whole new beautiful photographed cover. I am frankly amazed by the quality of this version and I’m so excited to share this with you!
Whole new cover!
Contains three amazing articles by WeddingInviteLove vendors.
Separated into US and International vendor sections.
Big, beautiful photos for wedding invitation inspiration.
All vendors are listed in a directory in the back so you can head straight to their website for more.
Even if you’re not getting married, it’s so fun to flip through and just immerse yourself in beautiful wedding invitation design. Interested? Buy today on Magcloud for $22. If you want to just flip through online, see it all here. Next version coming Spring 2012!
Did you buy the previous version? Email me at [email protected] and I’ll hook you up with a discount.
Today’s featured styled wedding shoot from Country Sugar Events can be described in one word: fabulous. Here’s a little background on this unbelievably stylish shoot:
This is one of two styled shoots for Entwined 2012. Entwined 2012 is a rock-star group of wedding vendors have come together to plan and execute every last detail of this amazing 75k wedding giveaway. This is the GLAM styled wedding. Words like the following served as inspiration: fashion, softened industrial, raw, modern. The entire shoot felt completely surreal…luxe.