When I decided on the theme of this roundup, I assumed that blue designs would be everywhere — however, blue was in the minority, behind pink, green, and other colors! I found some really great examples though — both soothing light blue; deep, exciting electric blue; and more in-between.
Paper + Pinafore
Girl Metro, Inc.
Ice Cream Social
Lisa Samartino Atelier
Real Card Studio
Happy 4th of July everyone! Back in May, we got a great look into Julie’s beautiful bilingual invitation, further cementing Cartoule’s Press as one of my favorite designers on WeddingInviteLove. So this week I’ve chosen Cartoule’s Press to be our featured vendor this week — congratulations!
See more of Julie’s beautiful work on her WeddingInviteLove profile, or head straight to the Cartoule’s Press website.
Happy Friday, happy July, and happy Canada Day! Today is the start of our WeddingInviteLove vendor appreciation month, with a big giveaway that includes that snippet of a letterpress poster above as one of the prize! Sign up for FREE as a vendor for WeddingInviteLove to receive an entry (and then refer more vendors for more entries!).
On to the weekly links!
New WeddingInviteLove Vendors:
Have a great long weekend everyone!
WeddingInviteLove wouldn’t be around and as awesome as it is if it wasn’t for the awesome vendors listed, and this month is my month to give my thanks to those that have signed up and to welcome new vendors into the fold! And what better way to support those vendors than to do a dedicated giveaway?
To win, I’m giving away…
Two prize packages, each package worth $360, each including:
- 1 year free of a WeddingInviteLove upgraded account. Upgraded accounts allow for more URLs and profile customization in WeddingInviteLove profiles, 10 portfolio images, higher and larger listings in the search results, and priority advertising here at the WeddingType Blog. For a year, you can be one of the top listings on all of WeddingInviteLove. Worth: $300
- 6 months of a Social Butterfly account on SocialGrapple.com. SocialGrapple is a Twitter analytics service (that I personally use and adore) and the Social Butterfly account allows you to track two Twitter accounts (who follows, who unfollows, how long they followed you before they unfollowed, who the important accounts are that follow you, and much, much more) as well as Twitter keyword tracking (who’s mentioning you or your brand? Are they important?). Social media and Twitter are important to any company and SocialGrapple will help you use Twitter more effectively! Worth: $60
BONUS, from my own collection, only one:
Cameron Moll’s 16x24in typographic letterpress poster. It’s an amazing piece to see in person. Worth: $100
How to win:
Existing WeddingInviteLove-listed vendors:
Congrats, you automatically get one entry! Thank you *so much* for signing up to WeddingInviteLove and supporting us. But get more entries by doing the following:
- Are you an upgraded account? You get two more entries for a total of three! Also, any account that upgrades during July will automatically get the extra entries as well.
- Get an extra entry each time a new invitation vendor signs up to WeddingInviteLove.com during July and mentions you as the referral! Unlimited, invite as many people to join as possible. :) I’ll email to confirm the extra entries for every accepted referred vendor.
New WeddingInviteLove vendors during July (join for free here!):
- Every new vendor during July gets one entry.
- Every new upgraded vendor gets three entries.
- New vendors also get an extra entry for every new account they refer!
See who’s listed on WeddingInviteLove easily here.
I will draw a random person from existing WeddingInviteLove vendors to win one package, and another random person from new vendors to win the other package. Then, all entries will be combined, and one person will drawn to win the Salt Lake City letterpress poster.
Contest ends July 31st at midnight, open internationally.
Are you excited?
I wrote an article on my personal blog about my email management strategies and how I avoid being overwhelmed by email, using a slew of tactics from canned responses, smart filtering, and multiple inboxes. While it isn’t the most invitation-related article in the world, I think most people let their email get too messy, which can lead to a ton of stress. Hope you like it — check it out over on limedaring.com!
Yay, something brand new to the blog! Katie from Invitations by Ajalon graciously invited me to a studio tour up in Northern California near Santa Rosa (the roadtrip itself was a treat with the discovery of the best cupcakes in the world), and I had the best of time seeing their office and watching their press fly on a set of custom invitations. Ajalon Printing & Design has been providing print and design services for over 50 years — find special deals on their invitations on Facebook or read more about them on their website.
Beautiful red ink for the invitations.
The best picture I could get of the press running. I wish I had video ability on my camera!
Is it grey? Or gray? Either way, this soft color is the perfect complement to any color on your wedding invitations. Ignore those that say grey is dreary — on a cloudy day, look around: colors pop and become even more magnificent!
Here are some of my favorite grey designs on WeddingInviteLove:
Marit Hanson Weddings
Bloom Art & Design
Ruby the Fox Design
Girl Metro, Inc.
Oblation Papers & Press
And Kathleen Design Co.
The White Aisle
Ruby & Willow
This is one of my favorite invitations on WeddingInviteLove (really, go see my Pinterest board of all my favorite WeddingInviteLove designs). Amanda from baci designer stationery + events did such a great job — it’s so lovely to see full invitation suites that work so well and compliment every piece in the batch. The rustic brown, tree motifs, and seeded paper are right up my alley, and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Hi! I’m Amanda of baci designer stationery + events, a custom stationery and event planning boutique located in Northeast Ohio. Every day I have to pinch myself because I absolutely love what I do! Making brides and grooms squeal with delight when they see their invitations for the first time is awesome, especially when it’s your friends. That’s where this invitation started, with our dear friends, Jesse and Laurinda. They were planning an October wedding with a warm and rustic fall theme (you can see what inspired us when planning here on baci’s blog!). After our initial meeting we had everything set in stone, then my husband and I went to the National Stationery Show in New York and found what has now become my favorite thing ever — handmade seeded paper, you plant it in the ground and wild flowers grow. It is amazing!!! As soon as I saw it, I knew Laurinda would fall in love and she most certainly did! So much so that we threw our initial plan out the window and began again with the seeded paper as our main inspiration. And that’s how their beautiful stationery suite came about :o)
I began the design process by creating Jesse and Laurinda’s tree logo that ending up on everything from the save the date to the programs. I even “carved” their initials, J + L, into the tree trunk. Since we did a save the date postcard, we couldn’t use the delicate seeded paper. Instead we choose a thicker stock that was made to look recycled, but was thick enough to survive the mailing process.
I printed each piece of Jesse and Laurinda’s stationery in-house due to the unique, handmade nature of the seeded paper (if you look close you can see the chunks and flecks of the paper in the photo above), it was so much easier to control the quality of each piece that way.
The suite consisted of an invitation, a two-sided directions/accommodations card, complete with a custom designed “road map” of the area, and a reply card.
We used recycled brown bag envelopes for the reply card, complete with vintage postage (hands down my favorite thing EVER!), and for the outer envelope, which I printed the couple’s tree logo onto.
We finished off the suite by hand-tying it into a beautiful little package with twine and a planting tag that read, “In memory of our special day, plant our invitation suite in your garden, keep it moist, tend it with love and watch it grow!” This let each guest know just how special the invitation really was :o)
Jesse and Laurinda really started a trend, too — I now have two other October weddings that are using seeded paper! I can’t wait to see them finished!
Thank you Amanda! See more on baci’s WeddingInviteLove profile, or on www.bacidesigner.com/.
Woohoo giveaways — Shine Wedding Invitations has graciously donated a set of 20 table numbers to one lucky winner! Shine makes such beautiful wedding invitations and other paper goods, and these table numbers would be perfect in anyones wedding reception, party or event.
- Table Numbers, Set of 20, Black Ink
- Estimated worth: $32
- Contest is open to U.S. residents only.
- Enter by leaving a comment on why you’d like the table numbers!
- Contest ends 9pm PST, this Sunday (July 3rd).
- I will be choosing one winner to win it all, randomly chosen.
- Winner will have three days to contact me back, otherwise I’ll be moving to the 2nd pick, then the 3rd, etc.
Best of luck to all that enter!