Photo Credits: Adachi Pimentel Photography
Today’s awesome guest post, brought to us by Ginny Bartolone of Simply Eloped is a fascinating read about the history of the white wedding dress and how the tradition evolved. Enjoy!
When my husband and I tied the knot in 2014, exploring the complex, century-old wedding traditions was one of the most fascinating parts of planning our big day. The stories about why we carry flowers, wear wedding rings, and have wedding parties deeply fascinated me—and understanding their backstories enriched the whole experience of choosing which traditions were right for us. Now, as I continue to work in the wedding industry, and as I attend my friends’ celebrations, I’m beginning to see more and more non-white, unique wedding dress choices—allowing brides to more widely celebrate and express their one-of-a-kind personalities. At first, I thought this was a new trend, especially as wedding designs are slowly simplifying and returning to a more natural, DIY perspective.
See more after the cut!
So you’re engaged and ready to hit up the local bridal shop with your ladies!
While it may be tempting to rush to “say yes to the dress”, fair warning of the endless options you’ll be facing if you don’t make an effort to narrow down your search beforehand.
Lucky for you, the below wedding dress shopping advice from the knowledgeable folks over at Wedding Forward beautifully illustrates, through infographics, the countless choices you’ll encounter during the hunt for your dream wedding dress. That way, you’ll be prepared come shopping time.
See more after the cut!
- Ahhh still swooning over Monday’s DIY foraged wedding floral arrangement by Amanda Jewel Floral + Design (Atlanta, GA) Spring blooms, here!
- This peacock blue and coral fall farm wedding snapped up by Eileen K Photography (Minneapolis, MN) is exploding with gorgeous vibrant colors.
- Tuesday’s lovely guest post by Loves Young Dream Weddings (Possidi, Greece) will answer all of your burning wedding gown questions. Read up!
- Wednesday’s vintage industrial styled shoot planned by Something New for I Do (Atlanta, GA) is the perfect blend of whimsy and refinement.
- This elegant and joyful wedding by Carrie Wildes Photography (Tampa, Florida) is simply stunning! Check it out.
- Get your tissues ready! Yesterday’s beautiful vineyard wedding from Aperina Studios (San Francisco, CA) will surely melt your heart. Watch video.
- This gorgeous Great Gatsby themed wedding by Robb McCormick Photography (Columbus, OH) is filled with black and gold art deco we <3
Have a lovely weekend,
~the WeddingLovely team