This pretty infographic, originally shared on Personal Creations, spells out exactly what is involved in being a bridesmaid. Here’s more from Personal Creations:
What is it that makes being a bridesmaid so fun? Is it helping the bride plan and pick out pretty details? Is it getting to look at beautiful dresses and read through countless bridal magazines? Maybe. Or maybe it’s the absolute joy that comes from ushering a beloved friend or family member into their happily ever after.
Whatever the reason, being a bridesmaid can be an absolute joy. It can also be daunting if its your first time, or you don’t know what’s expected of you. Luckily, Personal Creations created a bridesmaid duties guide that makes it easy. Check out the infographic to see what you should be doing as a bridesmaid each month leading up to the wedding. If you’re the bride to be, share this with your wedding party. Happy planning!
Great, thanks to Personal Creations for sharing! For more information about Personal Creations, please visit their WeddingLovely Vendor Guide profile.
Today’s in depth guest post comes to us from Sam Ketterer of Absolute Perfection Wedding Consultancy, based in London, England! Enjoy:
The chief bridesmaid is usually the bride’s closest friend or member of the family member. Her role is to help the bride organise a calm, stress-free wedding and assist her throughout the wedding day itself. The best chief bridesmaid provides the bride with valued physical and emotional support and often works tirelessly with the best interests of the bride at heart. It can be a tough, stressful and demanding role to fulfil and the list of duties is extensive.
Before the Wedding
There are a wide range of jobs for the CBM to do during the months of the bride’s engagement, for instance:
- Assist in the planning and organisation of pre-wedding parties.
- Help plan and organise the Hen party activities.
- Help the bride choose and shop for her wedding dress and accessories, as well as any change of clothes on the wedding day.
- Help select the dresses and accessories for the bridesmaids.
- Manage and oversee the bridesmaids, making sure they coordinate and are kept updated on all appointments, trials, fittings, decisions and schedules.
- Act as the bride’s problem solver should any bridesmaids have any issues relating to their own roles and responsibilities.
Read the full post after the cut!