WeddingLovely is a bit over three years old (wow) and I’ve been running all design, development, and sales solo full-time for awhile now! I work with a few awesome remote assistants to help out with marketing, and now WeddingLovely is hiring for our largest remote position yet — Community Manager.
This is a creative position — the community manager’s main goal is to interact and build the WeddingLovely community. Some existing community manager tasks would be:
- Creating and maintaining the content schedule for the WeddingLovely Blog (as well as creating new features and promotions.)
- Working with vendors and engaged couples in creating blog content, like our current interviews and real wedding features. We already have a blog assistant who puts together posts so you will be working together.
- Interacting on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets.
- Choosing vendors to be featured monthly on our directory homepages, such as on WeddingInviteLove.
- Growing the page views of the blog, our directories, and promoting our online wedding planning application — this might entail writing guest posts for other wedding blogs, exchanging blogroll links, etc.
- Work with advertisers for sidebar ads in the blog/our directories and sponsored posts (commission given.)
- Possibility of paid travel to blogging and related conferences/events.
Ideally, the community manager would ideate and execute new ideas on how to interact with our community, increase our exposure, and grow the WeddingLovely brand.
Specific skills needed and requirements:
- This is a part-time position that can grow to full-time. Expected starting time commitment of 10-20 hours per week.
- WordPress experience required. HTML/CSS experience a major plus. Likely would need access to photo editing software, like Photoshop, GIMP, Pixelmator, etc.
- Knowledge of SEO a plus.
- In general, previous experience working with and growing blogs is a huge plus.
- Work from home and create your own hours! We’ll have a weekly 15-min catch up meeting of some sort either through email or a video chat.
Are you interested? Email me at [email protected] with the subject “WeddingLovely Community Manager” — include your resume and any previous experience you have (links to your own blogs or blogs you’ve written for, companies you’ve worked for, etc.)