With a background in documentary and fine art photography, Kelly Embry brings a distinct and modern approach to her photographs. Having studied various fine art mediums throughout her life (including painting, drawing and sculpture) Kelly encompasses a vast understanding of light and forms and how they interact to create beautiful imagery in even the most unthought of places. Although initially self taught, Kelly attended the Savannah College of Art & Design to sharpen her skills and broaden her knowledge of all things photography. She emerged with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, with additional studies in graphic design.
Kelly’s approach is primarily documentary/photojournalistic with a touch of contemporary and traditional portraiture. She is available for weddings, engagement portraits, boudoir, family portraits, and personal portraits . Kelly is available for both in studio or on location sessions, and is also available for travel worldwide.
Prices start at $2950.00
Customer reviews (2)
I am SO happy that we chose Kelly Embry Photography for our wedding 2 weeks ago. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. She is incredibly organized. She knows what kinds of shots you want and exactly what she needs to do to get them before she even arrives at the venue.
2. She's not afraid to step in and pose you, pose your family or just tell people what to do so you don't have to. She WILL get the shot.
3. You absolutely, 100% will get that beautiful couple's picture that you've always wanted. I'm not sure exactly what that photographer magic is where they see an area, put you in it and get the lighting so perfect you want to cry, but she has it.
4. She makes everybody feel comfortable even when you're in an uncomfortable pose. Those pictures always turn out stunning.
5. She doesn't add to the chaos. There is no way to avoid wedding day chaos but Kelly Embry does her best to keep you and your wedding party calm and relaxed.
6. She's really easy to reach and her schedule is flexible. So many vendors really make you work just to get in touch with them but I can honestly say with Kelly Embry Photography I never had to e-mail twice, call more than once, or re-schedule anything to get an answer. Easy peasy.
I will (actually already have) recommend her to my friends and family!!
My wedding was chaos. I chose poorly with my wedding planner. But I chose THE BEST photographer. I could not have been more distracted or upset by all the things going wrong the morning of our wedding. And then Kelly showed up. And not only is she perfectly cheerful, and easy going: she had a plan to get me to relax. And in the photos it was like a switch went off and suddenly I was at ease.
I had SO MANY amazing photos to choose from. Including some beautiful candid images of my guests, which I printed and gave as Christmas presents.
Important to note: Kelly was very quick to respond to calls or emails. She is also an amazing photo editor. I don't want to be photoshopped beyond recognition, but she did edit things such as unsightly landscaping, and her light touch with vingetting and color correction took pictured from great to amazing. I subsequently hired her to take our Holiday photos.
WeddingLovely Blog Features
Tell us a bit about yourself and your company
My name is Kelly Embry and I am a wedding & portrait photographer based in Atlanta, Georgia. I am terrible at talking about myself, lol. Let’s see, I have been studying photography since I was 14, did freelance work for a few years after high school while waiting tables, and then finally at 24 I put myself through college. I attended the Savannah College of Art & Design and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography. My studies there focused on portrait, fashion, and documentary photography. I am also a painter and I love cats.